1. [Art] [Free] Friday Stedelijk opens its exhibit entitled “Chagall. Picasso, Mondrian and others: Migrants in Paris” which they advertise as an “incredible chance to see the work of the great modern masters in a new light, and to discover new artists.” The focus of the exhibit is on telling “the story of artists in a foreign country who, despite adverse conditions, have the courage to take art to new heights.”
2. [Art] [Kid friendly] The eighth edition of Unseen Amsterdam begins this Friday at Westergas. Described as “an event that lies between an art fair and a contemporary photography festival”, visitors of all ages can explore contemporary photography exhibitions, view exhibitions on topics “from migration and decoloniality to feminism, religion, and virtual reality”, encounter eclectic on-site projects, browse the bookmarket with more than 80 independent publishers, and enjoy drinks and music on the Westergas terrain.
3. [Cinema] Eye has opened a solo exhibition and film program dedicated to renowned filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky which “includes unique documents – letters, photos and polaroids – that have never been seen in the Netherlands before…”
4. [Food] Tapt invites you to Rembrandt Park this weekend for “lots of beer, good food, chilling in the grass, playing games, dancing, singing…with lots of nice people” at the fifth annual West TAPT Beer Festival. Tapt is an 18+ event.
5. [Art][Free] Amsterdam Alternative is hosting AATalk #7 on Friday, a ‘Coexistence at Planetary Dimensions’ discussion with Berlin based artist, writer and designer Patricia Reed at OT301. Doors open at 1930, entrance is free but donations are welcomed.