31mag.nl is a news portal focused on The Netherlands and Belgium from an “outsider’s local perspective. We are an experimental small company in love grassroots journalism and all that is “crossover”: we publish in several languages (the main is right now Italian), we follow under reported news, stories with a soul and all about minorities and culture.
We publish news, long-read and video stories for a local and international audience. Our office si based in Amsterdam, in a building shared with 43 asylum seekers; we produce contents and organise workshops, cultural and social events in The Netherlands.
We are currently looking for a Newsroom Coordinator who can run on a part-time base 31mag office, interact with contributors and interns; writing reports and implementing all the process around 31mag portal and its presence on social networks. The Newsroom Coordinator will also have a say on marketing and communication campaigns, editorial plans and (potential) partnerships.
the ideal candidate has a background in media, communication or marketing, some experience of project managing in startups and love to think out of the box. She/he/them is a pro-active individual with progressive views, passion for news and politics, who has care for details and manages well high level of stress.
The job is ideal for freelancers or those used of project based working
– One year experience as office assistant / project coordinator (better startup or ngo)
– Interest in media and news
– Familiar with social networks, WordPress and the international media environment
– Strong expertise in digital content creation and adaptation
– Excellent planning and organisational skills
– Experience of managing teams
– Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
– Desired (but not essential) knowledge of Dutch
Education: degree/master in media/ marketing /communication
– Great care for details
– Interest in activism, photography, video, illustration, art, etc.
The office is based in Amsterdam, Overamstel, on a project space shared with 31 asylum seekers (yes, you have to be refugee friendly to get this job)
PLEASE NOTE: the position is based in The Netherlands so, please, apply only if you already live here.
31mag strongly encourage to apply people from ethnic minorities or from the LGBTIQ community
Please send an email with CV+Cover letter in English to
On the object, please write: P/T News Coordinator
The cover letter shouldn’t exceed 2500 characters (Word Count)