Name of the Party: PvdA (Partij van de Arbeid). Labour Party
Position in the political spectrum: centre-left
Position on Europe: pro Europe
National leader: Lodewijk Asscher
Party in the European Parliament: PSE-S&D (socialists and democrats party)
Number of European MPs elected in 2014: 3
In the Dutch parliament: after 2017 general election, PvdA fell to just 9 seats. Now is the 7th largest faction
Party programme in English: No
Lead candidate: Frans Timmermans
Principles for the European Elections 2019: “Making a clear unity on a European scale gives us the strength to formulate answers that will make the Netherlands, Europe and the world fairer, safer and more sustainable”, says PvdA electoral manifesto for the European Elections. More points: focus on protecting European individuals again from major industry and market. Europe should protect the normal 99 percent of people who need income to live on, from the big money 1 percent, says PvdA.
- Security: more efficiency and collaboration between European countries
- Migration: help refugees most in need first and always bring people to safety
- Environment: Reduction of CO2 at European level, introduce a CO2 tax for more sustainable future
- Euro: Member States must have safe savings
- European Institutions: European Institutions should be under more democratic control
The full program is here (Dutch).